Saturday January 18th - 8:15a.m. start time.
The 5th Annual Media One Funski Fat Tire Bicycle Race. Soft snow conditions may exist due to the new snow. Air down. Final course route TBD Saturday morning by 7:30 a.m.
The plan is to have the race start in front of the chalet and then climb the bunny hill and make laps back down in front of the chalet and incorporate a slight climb up the ski hill. Final course TBD but see below for a reference course map.
- GREAT BEAR is NOT open for bikes or fat biking and this is a Media One Funski Event to Benefit Children's Inn only.
- No obstacles that will require dismounts but depending on conditions dismount may be required during climbs.
- 3" wide tires and greater only. Recommend LOW PRESSURE 3-5 PSI works well for soft snow.
- $25 - direct donation to Children's Inn registration fee.
- Non-sanctioned. No license necessary.
- Approximately 20 minute long race. Ski hill opens at 9a.m. so we will have to have race finished and any markers torn down. Expect 1-2 laps for beginners, 3-4 for Intermediate and 5-6 for Advanced
- Open to beginners, intermediates, experts but all levels will start and race together!
- Rider meeting in the bar are of the chalet at 8:05
- Le Mans style race start with tubing hill decent and quick jog to staged bikes.
- The course will be open for pre-ride by 7:30-7:40.